- IaC Week
Disability Sport and Recreation, formerly Wheelchair Sports Victoria, has been supporting Victorians with disability to take part in sport and recreation since 1962.
We believe everyone should have the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of an active lifestyle, catchup with friends and participate in their local community.
It is more difficult for children with disability to participate in sport and recreation (additional costs, carer fatigue, availability of appropriate programs, access to specialised sporting equipment etc).
It gets harder as they get older, resulting in an increased risk of further disability and disease into adulthood.
Your bequest will help support Victorian children with disability to experience sport and recreation, and to help them lead healthy lives into adulthood through these initiatives:
1. Kids Rehabilitation to Recreation Program
An outreach program which travels around Victoria to introduce sport and recreation to children with disability in Victorian rehabilitation centres.
2. Kids Mobile Sports Equipment Library which contains custom-built sport and recreation equipment available for loan specifically for children with disability.
We are always in need of equipment for the Kids Mobile Sports Equipment Library as our services in rehabilitation centres grow.
Our most popular items include kids beachwheelchairs and kids handcycles.
3. Disability Youth Sports Day held twice a year in Melbourne.
This offers children with disability and their parents and carers a full day to sample a range of sport and recreation activities with qualified instructors and nurses on hand.
4. Summer Camp held at Philip Island in December.
5. Winter Camp held at Falls Creek in July.
03 9473 0100
341 George Street,