- IaC Week
Arthritis Australia is a not-for-profit organisation, and is the peak arthritis body in Australia. It is supported by Affiliate offices in every state and territory.
Arthritis is often referred to as a single disease. In fact, it is an umbrella term for more than 100 medical conditions that affect the musculoskeletal system, specifically bone joints.
Arthritis is the major cause of disability and chronic pain in Australia. Arthritis Australia is very active in lobbying all levels of government about issues affecting people with arthritis and other musculoskeletal conditions.
Our Vision is to bring quality of life to all people with arthritis and eliminate their suffering.
Our Mission is:
1. To provide dignity, support and education for Australians suffering from arthritis and their carers.
2. To radically restrict the rate of growth of arthritis in Australia.
3. To be a leader in funding and advocating world class research.
4. For Arthritis Australia to be identified as the only independent, arthritis focused and patient driven national body.
5. Keep health professionals such as physiotherapists, occupational therapists and community nurses well informed about issues affecting people with arthritis and other musculoskeletal conditions.
6. Fund research into potential causes and possible cures as well as better ways to live with arthritis.
7. Provide access to information to help people make informed choices about the management of their condition; and
8. Facilitate resources and support networks for those living with arthritis.
02 9518 4441
255 Broadway, Glebe
New South Wales, 2037
ABN: 67 002 598 594